Our first recipe!
We have decided to share the meals we have come up with whilst often having minimal ingredients and limited cooking supplies. Our aim has always been to cook with just our one pan, sourced locally, be low in carbs, and taste good.
We often find ourselves with very few ingredients, but some how always manage to make something that often gets us up and making a second portion! Our first recipe ticks all the boxes and is a firm staple to our van-venture meal plan!
These simple but mouthwateringly good Taco style melted cheese wraps can be made easily with one pan, at your campsite or at home. They are great after a long cold surf, and go great with an ice cold beer! Love the contrasting textures of the gooey melted cheese on top to the crispy bottom layer!
- 1 Cup grated mozzarella
- 2 Cups diced cucumber
- 2 Medium tomatoes, sliced and diced
- 1 Can mushrooms, whole
- 2 Tbs Oil (coconut) or butter
- Pinch Salt & Pepper and herbs and spices
- Heat the pan on your gas cooker or braai (BBQ) it should be medium to hot.
- While the pan heats, grate (or slice) your cheese.
- Fry the mushrooms, and add some pepper.
- Remove mushrooms from pan.
- Add a portion of your grated cheese, make a taco sized "pancake".
- Cover with a portion of your mushrooms.
- Slice the cucumber and tomato.
- The mozzarella base should brown and crisp, but not all the way through.
- Cover the taco with a portion of sliced and diced cucumber and tomato.
- Remove and let cool while you cook the next taco.
- Ottilia's Tip: Add some spicy Pili-Pili and a squeeze of lime to lift the flavours!
We hope you like these as much as we do! Please click share, and comment to let us know what you think!